The Legal Examiner Mark The Legal Examiner Mark The Legal Examiner Mark search twitter facebook feed linkedin instagram google-plus avvo phone envelope checkmark mail-reply spinner error close
Skip to main content

A man was burned in Bradford Township on Wednesday after trying to lift an electric wire in order to move a grain bin underneath it. The accident happened as they were moving a grain bin down Kemp Road. Seventy-five percent of the man had burn injuries.

The man

was lifting a wire so the bin could go under, he told Farrell at the scene. He reached for a piece of iron sticking from the top of the bin. In the process, he made contact with the “hot” wire, completing the circuit.

“I don’t know how he stayed up there,” Farrell said. “I’m surprised the power line didn’t throw him off.”

The Clinton Fire Department rescued the man from atop the grain bin. Clinton EMS teams worked to provide first aid and pain relief at the scene. He was airlifted from the scene to University Hospital in Madison. The man is listed in stable condition.

If you would like to read more about burn injuries, please visit InjuryBoard’s Burn information page.

Comments are closed.

Of Interest